Wyatt is now 2, and is, in fact, terrible!! I was expecting it, but sometimes his devilish nature still catches me off guard. His new favorite game it "pull J-dog's tail" - which she does not appreciate. She hasn't yet bitten him, but I think I might encourage her to do it one of these days. She barks at him and he thinks it's funny. Then she runs away, and he gets mad. He really does love her, but she is quite often the victim of his torture.
We had a little party the Saturday before his b-day. We can't escape with a truly "little" party with the size of our families ... unfortunately, our budget did not allow for extra's so it was pretty much just family (sorry everyone). We did not do it all ourselves this year - we enlisted the help of Godfather's Pizza. And I am soooooo glad we did! We had the party in their party room, and set up a pizza buffet. The party was a "Mee Mow" theme (Mickey Mouse), though the decor was a bit subdued due to budget constraints ;) We had cupcakes and a few balloons for decorations. Wyatt didn't really understand that the party was all for him - he was just happy to get "lee la" (pizza) and "cakey" (cupcakes). He also enjoyed chasing his cousins around and playing games to win "nanny" (candy).
Wyatt also had his 2 yr. check-up - on his birthday. No, there were no shots involved in this visit (I would be the meanest mommy in the whole world if I made him get shots on his b-day!!). He is back on the growth charts, which is good (he was off ... in the "big" way, not the "little" way) - the Dr. was happy to see his growth stabilizing. He's still a big boy, though! He weighs a little over 34 lbs, and is almost 35" tall. He wasn't so sure about letting the Dr. get a good listen to his lungs & chest, but he figured out her stethoscope is like the one he has at home (only she doesn't have to push a button to hear his heart beating). After she listened, then he was all "more heart" and wanted her to do more. Goofball!
That's pretty much all that is going on in Wyatt's world these days.
As for me & John - we're pretty much our same boring selves. We have decided on the name Amelia Evelyn Davis for our little girl. We are excited to meet her in March sometime - as of right now, the c-section is scheduled for March 16, but may move up. It's really up to me, at this point, b/c I'm hesitant to schedule it with anyone other than my beloved Dr (who is on vacation the week before my due date). Although if his vacation does not take him out of town, he will come in and do my c-section on the 11th or 12th. If he is out of town, I'll probably take my chances and hope Amelia can wait until the 16th to make her appearance ... I can schedule it earlier with another Dr., who Dr. Larson says is "pretty good," but I can say from first-hand experience that Dr. Larson does a fantastic job and I am terrified to end up in the chop-shop with anyone other than him!! Amelia is measuring a little on the large size - we didn't have as many ultrasounds and measurements with Wyatt, so I really can't compare her to him at this stage. I am predicting she will be 9 lbs, 4 oz, and 22" long. John has predicted a 12 pounder. I have predicted that John better keep his mouth shut for the duration of this pregnancy, or risk severe injury for his crazy talk ;)
Hope you are all well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment