Saturday, February 28, 2009

Only 12 More Days!

Welcome back, Winter! I'd like to say I was happy to see you again, but that would be a lie ... I don't mind winter in December and January, but this one's getting a little long for me. I don't do well on the ice when I'm NOT pregnant, so the ice that formed under our 5" of snow did me in. I fell on Thursday, but we are OK (most importantly, Amelia). Just a case of wounded pride - it was in the parking lot at work, when we were all released to go home early and everyone was in the parking lot to see it. I laugh now, but I can only imagine how this big swollen body looked on the way down - and especially getting back up!!!! It wasn't funny on Thursday - I was pretty scared that something bad might have happened to Amelia - but her reassuring in-utero acrobatics were of great comfort to both me and John on Thursday night.

We have an official arrival date for Amelia: March 11. We're excited, but the 12 days are going to be very busy with work and trying to get things in order around the house. We seem to always be doing something OTHER than cleaning & organizing the house. We finally made a "date night" last night, and had a very romantic evening at WalMart and Perkins for dinner. It was nice to have some time for just the two of us, though. That is most definitely going to be a precious commodity in the future!!

Today, Wyatt and I ventured to the mall for some "mommy & me" time. John is helping a friend with some work at his house, so he's been gone all day. Wyatt isn't the best shopper, but he did really well today! We had a nice little lunch at LeeAnn Chin (so glad we finally got one around here!), and he made a complete mess with his noodles. And then they gave him a free sample of frozen yogurt ... oy! Thank goodness we had plenty of wipes with!! I splurged on myself and had a Decaf Frozen Mocha - which Wyatt decided he should have some of - and he made an even bigger mess trying to get the "cweam" out of the cup. He loves whipped cream! He didn't care for the coffee so much, but he sure did like the cream & chocolate sauce.

He was so good that I bought him some new crayons. And he has spent most of the day coloring like a mad-man! I don't know how many beautiful pictures I have been given today, but he is so proud each time he hands one over. These crayons will be hidden when not being used, so we don't end up with a colored table ... chairs ... walls ... toys ... boots ... clothes ... Let me just say: thank God for Crayola's washable line of art products - they wipe right off the things they're not supposed to be on, LOL.

My favorite part of our day was when we picked out a "buddy" for Amelia (those little cuddle animals with tiny blankets attached). Wyatt loves his buddy!! So we picked out a purple teddy bear buddy for "bee bee" - which he left his mark on immediately by chewing on it the way he does with his own. But he was actually happy to talk about baby today, instead of saying "no baby" when you ask him. It was cute - he was so excited for Amelia to have her own buddy. He told me "Mommy, Meal (his way of saying 'Amelia') Buddy too!" I think he might actually be starting to get excited about this little one's arrival! YAY!!

That's our update for now. I'll try to post pictures as soon as I can after Amelia is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment