Howdy Families & Friends!
As usual, I am stealing a good idea. I have been inspired by our friends who blog, and have decided to give it a try. I will not be mass-emailing family updates any longer. You can just check in here to keep tabs on us and make little comments if you wish (please keep them nice!).
We made it through the very busy holidays once again, and are, for the most part, still sane. I don't know how people do this year after year, going to so many different Christmas parties - we didn't like it before kids, and having a moody toddler with us has been an additional challenge during this busy time of year!
Next up for the Davis Family: Wyatt's 2nd birthday! I can't believe it's been two years ... time really does pass far too quickly. It is amazing how much he has grown and changed since he was born - and even in the past year. He is talking fairly well, but most importantly is really attempting to communicate his feelings and wants to us. Yay for that! At this point in his life, he is enjoying all his toys and stuffed animals - I will be very sad when he no longer wants to snuggle with me and his Mickey Mouse. He was once again spoiled like crazy at Christmas, so his toybox is overflowing with fun things. His current favorites are his train sets, cars, crayons (thank God for washable crayons!), and anything that makes noise, of course. He also still loves to eat, but has lost his taste for the healthy foods he used to love (broccoli, sweet potatoes, peas, etc). He much prefers nuggets & fries to chicken & broccoli. His current favorite food might just be vanilla "pudda" (pudding), which we have had to hide from him so he doesn't beg for it - oh, and chocolate milk (this is totally my fault - it started out as a weekend treat, and has grown into a full-blown addiction!). One of our New Year's resolutions is to rid the house of such junk, so it isn't a temptation to him (or us!).
After Wyatt's birthday, we will prepare to welcome our second child in March, a yet-to-be-named baby girl. For now, our due date is March 18. Unless ISJ changes their policy, I will be forced to have another c-section, so a firm arrival date will be determined probably next month sometime (tentatively scheduled for March 16, 2009). We are hoping to move it up a little bit, as I do not want to run the risk of my doctor being out of town & thus unable to do the c-section. And of course, he has a vacation scheduled for the week of March 9 ... the week before I'm due. I haven't yet been able to convince him that I'm more important than his vacation ;) (his vacation is well earned and long over due!)
As we are not in agreement on names (hardly even on the same page!), we are seeking your help! Below is a list of the names that are on our consideration list - please list your top 3 in a comment to us. The names themselves are not listed in order of either of our preference, so as not to bias your votes :)
1. Julianne
2. Harper
3. Ruby
4. Kenna
5. Elizabeth (Betsy)
6. Allison (Allie)
7. Karena
8. Annabeth
9. Alena
10. Kimberly
We do agree on a middle name ... but it's a secret for now! My personal favorite is Ruby, followed by Kenna, followed by Harper ... but John has his own ranking, and Ruby doesn't even crack the top three.
Thanks for your help!
Kadie, John, Wyatt and Baby Girl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Kadie,
ReplyDeleteThis is a cool idea. I will check in here for updates.
My 3 choices in order are:
1. Karena
2. Alena
3. Kimberly
Sue
Ruby
ReplyDeleteBetsy
Alena
Karena
Happy Blogging :D
Hey Kadie! Here are my choices.
ReplyDelete1. Allison (this was one of our girl names that we had picked out, but unfortunately we only know how to make boys)
2. Kenna (I've always like the name McKenna, never thought about it shorten)
3. Elizabeth
--Dawn
Here's my 2 cents:
ReplyDeleteKarena
Kenna
Ruby
(As beautiful names as they are, I have difficulty bringing names starting with the letters "Juli" close to me. There are a variety of reasons, some of which you may be familiar.)
Hope you hit 37 weeks!
Tammy
Hey Kadie,
ReplyDeleteNot that my opinion matters, but I love, love, love the name Harper. I have heard it for a boy, but I really like it as a girls name. Next would be
Kenna &
Allie.
I gotta side with John on Ruby not making it high in the ranking.
Cool idea.
Love, Tara
Thanks all! John is happy to see that not many votes are for Ruby :) I guess we'll just have to get that golden retriever I've always wanted, and I can name HER Ruby!! It's such a tough decision ...
ReplyDelete